2022 fall hunt applications due by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, June 14
Posted June 10, 2022
AZGFD to provide after-hours assistance beginning Monday
PHOENIX — The deadline to submit 2022 fall hunt applications is fast approaching.
Applications for deer, fall turkey, fall javelina, bighorn sheep, fall bison and sandhill crane must be received by the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) no later than 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, June 14. To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov/hunting/draw.
AZGFD is available to assist applicants with the application process. Customer service representatives can be reached by calling 602-942-3000. In addition, customer service representatives will be available to provide after-hours assistance — by telephone only — from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, June 13, and 5 to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, June 14.
To expedite the process, applicants are encouraged to be prepared with the following before calling AZGFD:
- An applicant’s hunting or combination hunt and fish license must be valid through June 14. All applicants, including youth (ages 10-17), who are applying for a hunt permit-tag or bonus point only, must possess a license that is valid on the last day of the application period. Licenses can be purchased online at www.azgfd.gov/license/.
- Know your Customer ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are four ways to locate a Customer ID: 1) Log into your AZGFD portal account, and click on “View Details” under “My AZGFD Dashboard; 2) Check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license, if it was purchased online; 3) A Customer ID number can be retrieved by visiting www.azgfd.com/hunting/draw/. If the account is located, AZGFD will send the Customer ID number to that email address; 4) Call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Know where you want to hunt. It’s important to have your four-digit hunt number(s) pre-determined (not game management units).
In the meantime, hopeful hunters might want to view a couple of short videos before applying for a hunt.
- Amber Munig, big game management supervisor, explains how the draw process works at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI0lLp5Adk.
- AZGFD provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a hunt permit-tag issued through the draw at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJGD4MuPXo.
For more information, call 602-942-3000.