Renew Your Watercraft Registration Online
The online watercraft registration system allows individuals to renew their registration and have immediate use of their watercraft.
Required information includes your Arizona boat number and one of the following:
-Date of birth of the primary (first) owner.
-The authorization number as listed on your renewal notice.
-Your password if one has been established.
- We are no longer accepting watercraft registration renewals by telephone
- Registration renewals are still accepted in person at any Arizona Game and Fish Department office or by mail
- For additional watercraft registration information, please call 602 942-3000.
Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee (NBSIF)
Please note that nonresidents of this state must pay a Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee and possess proof of payment of the fee before mooring, anchoring or operating the watercraft on the waterways of this State. This additional surcharge is used for boating education, law enforcement, emergency response, improvements to public launch facilities and the placement of navigational aids.
A member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is on active duty and stationed in this state for a period of at least thirty (30) days immediately before applying for watercraft registration, or who is stationed in another state or country and who lists this State as that member’s home of record is exempt from the requirement to pay the Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee.
General Watercraft Registration Information
New or used watercraft registration requirements
- Arizona Boating Fees
- Arizona Boating Laws and Regulations
- Rules and Regulations – Many Arizonans spend time on our scenic lakes. But before you go make sure you are knowledgeable on the rules and regulations.
- Boater’s Quiz – Are you sure you know about boating in Arizona? Take the boater’s quiz to find out.
Watercraft Registration Application [PDF]
Application for watercraft certificate of number upon the ownership of a watercraft.
- Watercraft Bill of Sale [PDF]
“Bill of sale” means a written agreement transferring ownership of a watercraft and listing the following: the name of the buyer and seller; the manufacturer of the watercraft sold, if known; the hull identification number, unless exempted by R12-4-505; the purchase price and sales tax paid, if any; and the signature of the seller.
- Watercraft Letter of Gift [PDF]
Required form to transfer the watercraft registration upon gifting to another person.
- Watercraft Lienholder Notification [PDF]
This form is required when the watercraft to be registered has a lien on it, such as a bank loan. The lien holder will and must be notified of the attempted watercraft registration.
- Watercraft Application for Duplicate Certificate and/or Decal [PDF]
This form is required to report and request replacement for lost or damaged registration or decals issued to AZ or Hull Identification number.
- Watercraft Sold Notice [PDF]
This sold notice may be used to inform the Department that your watercraft was sold. Per A.R.S. Title 5-321, the owner shall furnish to the department notice of the transfer of all or any part of the owner’s interest in a motorized watercraft numbered in this state pursuant to the provisions of this chapter or of the destruction or abandonment of such watercraft within 15 days.
- Arizona Residency Requirements [PDF]
Boating Education Public Service Announcements