Ben Avery Clay Target Center
5060 W. Skeet Street
Phoenix, AZ 85086
One mile west of Interstate 17 on Carefree Highway behind Game & Fish headquarters.
Ben Avery Shooting Facility Reopens
To ensure public health and safety protocols are observed, and to maximize opportunities for all recreational shooters, only online reservations will be accepted.
- A face covering is required to enter any public restroom or building.
- A face covering is required if you cannot maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more.
All shooters must have a reservation prior to beginning a round. Anyone without a reservation may be asked to leave the range.
There will be no public trap or skeet Wed., Oct. 28 through Sun., Nov. 1 due to the Arizona State Trap Shoot. Sporting Clays and 5 Stand are still available by reservation.
Desert Roses program has been postponed until further notice.
The Ben Avery Clay Target Center is a professionally managed public shotgun-shooting facility in north Phoenix offering games such as trap, skeet, sporting clays, and more. Fun for the whole family! It is also the check-in point for the Ben Avery outdoor archery ranges.
Shooters of all ages and abilities are welcome. New shooters will find rental shotguns and a courteous staff eager to offer informal coaching. Experts and competitive shooters will find top-notch challenges to match their skills in traditional games as well as advanced games like international skeet and Olympic (bunker) trap. The center hosts many well-known registered shoots and is a favorite venue for some of the world’s most accomplished shooters.
- Desert Rose Program – for beginners
The Ben Avery Clay Target Center is located on the grounds of the 1,650-acre Ben Avery Shooting Facility and is owned by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and operated by the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Surrounded by scenic Sonoran desert landscape, it is easily accessed off Carefree Highway about 1.5 miles west of Interstate 17, just a short drive from popular tourist destinations like Scottsdale and downtown Phoenix. View Map
Due to sanctioned registered shoots and other public or corporate events, on occasion, some field and course availability is limited. For future planning, visit our shooting events page for listings. For More information please call us at 623 434-8119.
- Public range – no membership required
- 16 lighted trap/skeet fields
- 4 sporting clay courses for all skill levels
- Voice-activated trap releases
- Wheelchair-accessible field
- Shotgun patterning board
- $15 rental Beretta and Benelli shotguns: Effective July 1, 2018 only ammunition purchased at the Ben Avery Clay Target Center may be used in rental shotguns. *Note: Due to current COVID guidelines, we are not renting shotguns at this time.
- Informal coaching
- Air-conditioned clubhouse, shade ramadas, water stations
- RV spaces with full hook-ups
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility has a Five Star rating from the National Shooting Sports Foundation and is has been named a Phoenix Point of Pride.
The Ben Avery Clay Target Center and Ben Avery Shooting Facility are open to the public and are funded by shooters’ fees and by federal excise taxes on firearms, ammunition and shooting sports equipment through the Federal Assistance in Wildlife Restoration Program. The Arizona Game and Fish Department does not receive dollars from Arizona tax revenues (general fund).