Want to know the Arizona Game and Fish Commission’s stance on various issues affecting wildlife conservation and outdoor recreation? This page includes links to official commission resolutions, policies, editorials, and other commission activities.
Trail camera discussion on Blood Origins podcast with host Robbie Kroger and Arizona Game and Fish Commissioners Kurt Davis (Chair) and Jim Goughnour.
Trail camera discussion on The Go Show: Host Mike Russell interviews Arizona Game and Fish Commission Chairman Kurt Davis.
Trail camera op-ed by Commissioners Todd Geiler and James Goughnour.
Commission Resolution concerning the loss of multiple-use public lands due to special land-use designations.
Commission Resolution imploring the federal government to meet its obligation to control excessive populations of feral burros to reduce adverse impacts to wildlife habitat and public safety
Testimony of AZGFD Director Larry Voyles before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (“Conservation, Consultation and Capacity: States’ Views on the Need to Modernize the Endangered Species Act”). May 10, 2017.
View the video. Director Voyles’ testimony runs from 1:04:45 to 1:09 54, followed by a Q & A.
- Game and Fish supports Grand Canyon Bison Management Act – by James R. Ammons
- Bison Op-Ed, December 2015
- Say no to the proposed Grand Canyon Watershed National Monument
- Arizona Horizon (Eight/KAET TV) – video
- Chairman speaks at Rep. Paul Gosar’s public listening session in Kingman
- Consider fire danger Op-Ed, June 2016
- Stop and consider: A “monument”-al mistake?
- A Sheep on Every Mountain – Safari Club International, “Hunt Forever” blog
- Arizona’s nongame wildlife management helps grow bald eagle, and others, to record numbers
- Realigning for better wildlife management
- Trail cameras used for take of wildlife raises public concerns – Dr. Todd G. Geiler of Prescott and James E. Goughnour of Payson
Hunting & Angling
- Why Arizonans Support SB 1361 – by Kurt Davis
Commission Awards Banquet
The Arizona Game and Fish Commission Awards Banquet was Jan. 16, 2016 at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, and was one of the best yet! More than 280 people attended to honor their fellow conservationists who received 2015 Commission Awards.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize Arizonans who have contributed significantly to the conservation of the state’s wildlife, its outdoor heritage, and the mission of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
Among those honored this year were U.S. Senator John McCain, Arizona House Speaker David Gowan, Sr., Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, and Mohave County District 2 Supervisor Hildy Angius.
The complete list of award recipients is as follows:
- Award of Excellence: Hildy Angius
- Award of Excellence: Mark Brnovich
- Youth Environmentalist of the Year: KJ Aldridge
- Outdoor Writer of the Year: Margaret Anderson
- Media of the Year: Rosie Romero Jr.
- Conservation Organization of the Year: Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
- Conservationist of the Year: Steve Clark
- Natural Resource Professional of the Year: Ray Suazo
- Volunteer of the Year: Chad Villamor
- Educator of the Year: Melanie Engstrom
- Mentor of the Year: Richard Williams
- Advocate of the Year – State: David Gowan Sr., Speaker of the House
- Advocate of the Year – Federal: Senator John McCain
- Buck Appleby Hunter Education Instructor of the Year: Patrick Headington
- Wildlife Habitat Steward of the Year: Spider Ranch
- North American Model Commissioners Award: Carol Lynde
The Arizona Game and Fish Commission thanks you all for your contributions to wildlife conservation and our outdoor heritage!