Hiring Cycle Dates
- Accepting applications beginning - June 10, 2016
- Application deadline (last day to apply online) - July 22, 2016
- Documents related to the application process must be received by - July 29, 2016
- Polygraph testing and background interview for in-state applicants (will be scheduled on one of these days) - September 26-28, 2016
- Polygraph testing and background interview for out-of-state applicants* (will be scheduled on one of these days) - October 3-4, 2016
- Interviews** (will be scheduled on one of these days) - October 3 or 4, 2016
- Psychological and medical testing for selected applicants - October 5 & 6, 2016
- Physical fitness testing for selected applicants - October 7, 2016
- Job offers made by - November 10, 2016
- Start work with the Department - January 3, 2017
- Enter the law enforcement academy - SALETC - January 9, 2017
- Graduate from academy - May 4, 2017
* All out of state applicants must be available for testing and interviews the entire week of October 3-7, 2016.
** An immediate selection will be made after the polygraph and interview are conducted. Applicants will be notified as to whether they will continue in the hiring process.