Hiring Cycle Dates
- Accepting applications beginning – June 9, 2017
- Application deadline (last day to apply online) – July 21, 2017
- Documents related to the application process must be received by – July 28, 2017
- Polygraph testing and background interview for in-state applicants (will be scheduled on one of these day – September 25-27, 2017
- Polygraph testing and background interview for out-of-state applicants * (will be scheduled on one of these days) – October 2-3, 2017
- Interviews** (will be scheduled on one of these days) – October 2-3, 2017
- Psychological and medical testing for selected applicants – October 4-5, 2017
- Physical fitness testing for selected applicants – October 6, 2017
- Job offers made by – November 9, 2017
- Start work with the Department – January 2, 2018
- Enter the law enforcement academy (SALETC) – January 8, 2018
- Graduate from academy – May 3, 2018
* All out-of-state applicants must be available for testing and interviews the entire week of October 2-6, 2017.
** An immediate selection will be made after the polygraph and interview are conducted. Applicants will be notified as to whether they will continue in the hiring process.
About Phoenix and Arizona: