- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a wildlife science* or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona drivers license
- Must be able to pass AZ POST medical exam including full physical, drug screening, hearing and vision tests
- Must pass physical fitness testing
Note: The existence of any of the following conditions may result in rejection from the selection process. These areas will be fully explored during the polygraph and background examinations.
Marijuana– Illegal use of marijuana exceeds a total of 20 times or exceeds five (5) times since the age of 21 years, or at anytime within the past three (3) years.
Dangerous Drugs/Narcotics/Vaporous Substances– Illegal use of dangerous drugs, narcotics or vaporous substances exceeds a total five (5) times or exceeds one time since the age of 21, or at anytime within the past seven (7) years. Dangerous drugs and/or narcotics include hashish, cocaine/crack, amphetamines/barbiturates, LSD/acid, PCP/angel dust, magic mushrooms, etc. Anabolic steroids have been considered dangerous drugs since January 1, 1994.
Peyote/Mescaline– Illegal use of peyote or mescaline as described under the Dangerous Drugs section above. (exception: the use of peyote/mescaline is permitted for bona fide religious ceremonies).
Heroin– Use of heroin at any time.
Illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transplanted for a sale of any illegal drug.
Prescription Drugs– Shall not have a pattern of abuse of prescription medication.
THEFT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF PROPERTY
- Any demonstrated pattern of habitual theft.
- Any theft while serving in a position of trust.
ACTS CONSTITUTING A FELONY
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or any act which would constitute a felony if committed in the State of Arizona, regardless of the time elapsed since conviction.
- The convictions of any act of domestic violence.
FRAUD OR MISREPRESENTATION
Any intentional attempt to practice any deception or fraud in
- The employment application and background information questionnaire.
- Any of the various testing processes, including the polygraph examination.
- Any demonstrated pattern of indebtedness over an extended period which has resulted in repossessions or foreclosures or submissions of bills to a collection agency.
ARIZONA GAME AND FISH LAWS
- Any demonstrated pattern of game and fish law violations with a frequency so as to indicate disrespect for game and fish laws within the past five (5) years.
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
PEACE OFFICER STATUS
- Peace Officer Status shall not have been previously denied, revoked, or the current status under suspension.
- More than one serous traffic violation (D.U.I., reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the last five (5) years.
- Any serious traffic violation (D.U.I., reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the past three (3) years.
- Any demonstrated pattern of traffic violations with a frequency so as to indicate disrespect for traffic laws and the safety of other persons on the highway within the past three (3) years.