Arizona Game and Fish Commission announces recipients of this year’s Commission Awards
Posted September 16, 2022
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Commission announced 14 recipients of the 2022 Commission Awards at its Sept. 9 meeting in Pinetop, Ariz.
The awards recognize Arizonans who have contributed significantly to the conservation of the state’s wildlife, its outdoor heritage, and the mission of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
This year’s recipients are:
- Award of Excellence – Brian McIntyre, Cochise County Attorney’s Office
- Youth Conservationist of the Year – Gila Ridge High School FFA Agricultural Mechanical Team
- Media of the Year – Robbie Kroger, Blood Origins
- Conservation Organization of the Year – Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society
- Conservationist of the Year – Don McDowell
- Natural Resource Professional of the Year – Scott Feldhausen
- Volunteer of the Year – Doug Beach
- Educator of the Year – Kathy Balman
Mentor of the Year – Gabriel Paz
- Advocate of the Year – Senator David Gowan
- Business Partner of the Year – KUIU
- Buck Appleby Hunter Education Instructor of the Year – Jim Rich
- Wildlife Habitat Steward of the Year – Scott and Dawn Dunton, Dunton Ranch
- North American Model Commissioner’s Award – Kelly Alkhoury
The awards will be presented at the Commission’s Annual Awards Banquet on
Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023, at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, Grande
Ballroom, 11111 N. 7th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85020. See form below for banquet tickets and sponsorship opportunities.
The first Commission Awards event was held in January 1991. Since then, nearly 400 recipients have been recognized for their dedicated work toward securing Arizona’s wildlife for generations to come.