Arizona Game and Fish Commission Awards Banquet rescheduled to June
Posted December 11, 2020
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Commission Awards Banquet that is traditionally held in January has been rescheduled to Saturday, June 12, 2021.
The banquet will be held at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, Grande Ballroom, 11111 N. 7th St. in Phoenix. More information will be posted and distributed as it becomes available.
Recipients of the 2020 Commission Awards who will be honored at this event are:
- Award of Excellence – Charlie Kelly
- Youth Conservationist of the Year – Jagrav Patel
- Media of the Year – Priscilla Torres/Telemundo
- Conservation Organization of the Year – Southern Arizona Quail Forever Chapter
- Conservationist of the Year – Miles Moretti
- Natural Resource Professional of the Year – Superintendent William Shott
- Volunteer of the Year – Roger Rohrbach and Keith Kniver
- Educator of the Year – Eric Proctor
- Mentor of the Year – Matt Shura
- Advocate of the Year (two nominations) – Jim Unmacht (State) & Ed Keable (Federal)
- Business Partner of the Year – Walmart
- Buck Appleby Hunter Education Instructor of the Year – Tom Britt
- Wildlife Habitat Steward of the Year – Jim O’Haco
- North American Model Commissioners Award – Margaret Martinez
The Arizona Game and Fish Commission Awards recognize Arizonans who have contributed significantly to the conservation of the state’s wildlife, its outdoor heritage, and the mission of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
The first Commission Awards event was held in January 1991. Since then, more than 400 people have been recognized for their dedicated work toward securing Arizona’s wildlife for generations to come.