Clay Target Center, archery range to reopen Thursday, March 26
Posted March 25, 2020
New health protection strategies being implemented at Ben Avery Shooting Facility
PHOENIX — The Ben Avery Shooting Facility (BASF) will reopen its Clay Target Center and archery range Thursday, March 26, after temporarily closing last Friday to implement new health protection strategies.
Here’s what recreational shooters need to know:
- Hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday.
- To minimize personal contact between customers and staff, the customer service desk inside the OneAZ Credit Union Pavilion at the Clay Target Center will be closed.
- The Clay Target Center will operate on a first-come, first-served basis — but only for Gold Card holders. The first 30 shooters will begin at 8 a.m., followed by another 30 shooters at 10:30 a.m., then an additional 30 shooters at 1:30 p.m. These 30-shooter groupings will be for two-hour blocks.
- The archery range will be open on a cash-only basis. Archers will be able to deposit their payment into an unattended receptacle (iron ranger).
- The rifle and pistol ranges are scheduled to reopen next week.
- User groups will still have access to facilities.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is committed to staying connected with its customers and continuing to provide exceptional service. As updates related to the COVID-19 situation become available, the department will share any new developments or changes to processes — including those at BASF — at https://www.azgfd.com/agency/covid-19-related-updates/.