Come on out to the Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expo, April 2-3
Posted March 23, 2022
PHOENIX — After a two-year hiatus, the free Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expo is returning April 2 and 3 to the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix.
“The Outdoor Expo provides families the experience of hands-on outdoor recreational activities like fishing and recreational shooting instructed by department professionals,” said R3 Branch Chief Scott Lavin. “It introduces the public to nonprofit outdoor recreation and conservation organizations that offer family events providing mentoring and social support. It also provides a venue for the public to sample and purchase gear from leading industry manufacturers and retailers for safe and successful outings in the field.”
Although this year’s event will be a bit scaled back with a different layout than Expos of past years, there will still be plenty of hands-on fun for all ages:
• See live wildlife “animal ambassadors”
• Try out target archery
• Check out family fishing at an artificial pond
• Visit with various firearm manufacturers in a safe, controlled environment
• Purchase wildlife assets (antlers, hides, skulls, head mounts, wildlife artwork) that have been donated, seized in law enforcement investigations, or obtained from animals killed in vehicle collisions
• Engage with numerous outdoor groups, agencies and commercial vendors
• Purchase food and beverages from a variety of food vendors
Admission and parking are free. Expo hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 2, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 3. The Outdoor Expo is easy to find, located on Carefree Highway, about 1/2 mile west of I-17 in Phoenix.
The title sponsor for this year’s Outdoor Expo is Shikar-Safari Club International. Gold sponsors are Sig Sauer, POF-USA, and Kimber America.
Information is also located at www.azgfd.gov/expo.