Community Fishing Bulletin: Nov. 28, 2018
Posted November 28, 2018
Trout stocking adjustments continue
Our longtime trout vendor has
continued to battle with some serious health
issues. As a result, we’ve had to make
adjustments to stockings. Here’s a synopsis of
the recent changes:
- We moved planned trout stockings for Yuma-
area CFP waters from the week of Nov 19-24 to Dec 17-22. Stockings of trout using Department Hatchery fish have continued as originally planned.
- Core CFP Waters will have various reductions of stocking amounts this week to accommodate smaller truck capacities. Overall the reductions are not severe (only 14.7% across the program).
- Deliveries will continue to be broken-up on different days of the week (Core and/or expansion waters may not all be stocked on the same day(s))
We hope to be back to a normal schedule sometime early next year. Our intent is to make-up any reductions
once he is back on his feet and able to do deliveries again. These adjustments were necessary so the
remaining staff could make the deliveries and stay on schedule to the extent possible. Please be patient
during this period of necessary adjustments.
Upcoming fishing clinics
If you are thinking about giving fishing a try for the first time, the
following fishing clinics are FREE to attend, and no license is required.
The AZGFD Sport Fishing Education Program staff and volunteer
instructors will be on hand to provide loaner rods and bait at no charge.
- Sahuarita Lake, Sahuarita, Saturday December 1, 8 a.m.-noon
- Discovery Ponds, Gilbert, Saturday December 8 from 8 a.m.-noon
- Copper Sky Lake, Maricopa, Saturday January 12th from 8 a.m.-noon
- Friendship Park Pond, Avondale Saturday January 19th from 8 a.m.-noon
- Red Mountain Lake, Mesa, Saturday January 26th from 8 a.m.-noon
- Veteran’s Oasis Lake, Chandler, Saturday February 9th from 8 a.m.-noon
It’s a beautiful time of year to get the family out fishing!