Don’t delay: Applications for 2022 pronghorn, elk hunts due by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8
Posted February 1, 2022
PHOENIX — The deadline is fast approaching to submit applications to hunt pronghorn and elk in 2022.
Applications must be received by the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) by 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, Feb. 8. To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov and click on “Apply for a Draw.”
For an overview of the application service, including license requirements, applying for bonus points and payment information, see Page 8 of the “2022 Pronghorn and Elk Hunt Draw Information” booklet. The booklet can be viewed at www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Regulations/. Printed booklets also are available at license dealers statewide.
- Applicants must possess a valid Arizona hunting license (or combination hunt and fish license) to apply online for a hunt permit-tag. That license must be valid on the last day of the online application period (Feb. 8). Licenses are available online, and at any department office. When purchasing an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license online, the license number will appear at the bottom of the customer’s receipt. Don’t throw it away! That license number will be required as part of the draw application process.
- Beginning Jan. 1, license dealers statewide no longer will sell traditional paper licenses, but many of them will offer to sell licenses through AZGFD’s online purchase system. AZGFD has provided a list of dealers offering online license purchases at www.azgfd.com/license/.
- Know your Customer ID or Department ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are four ways to locate a Customer ID or Department ID: (1) Use the new “Customer ID Retrieval Tool” that can be found either at www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw/, www.azgfd.com/license/ or when adding applicants when applying for a hunt permit-tag; (2) Log into your AZGFD portal account and click on “View Details” under “My AZGFD Dashboard;” (3) Check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license if it was purchased online; or (4) Call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Check your AZGFD portal account. This is the perfect time to review your personal data, including your application history and total bonus points (bonus, loyalty, hunter education). If something seems amiss, call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Open an AZGFD portal account. AZGFD portal accounts now are the sole source for finding out draw results and viewing bonus points. Customers are encouraged to create a portal account at accounts.azgfd.com/Account/Register, as family account features are now available, and complete the required fields. Draw results no longer will be provided through the automated phone system.
- Plan to purchase PointGuard. This allows hunters to surrender their hunt permit-tag(s) for any reason without losing their bonus points. A portal account is no longer required to purchase PointGuard. Information: www.azgfd.gov/pointguard.
For more information, check out “What You Need to Know,” a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), at www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw/.