Meat Processing License Application
- Applicable Arizona Statutes – A.R.S 17-373 – Storage exception
A. Commercial food establishments processing or storing wildlife shall stamp all packages containing such wildlife with a stamp furnished by the department and such packages shall be marked with the date received or processed. The operator of such establishment shall keep a record, and exhibit it upon request, of the names and addresses of persons who furnish such wildlife for processing or storage, the date, amount, and species of such wildlife received.B. This section does not apply to processing or storing aquatic animals that are cultivated, propagated or maintained in an aquaculture facility that is licensed under title 3, chapter 16.A.R.S 3-2001 – 11. “Exempt processor” means any person preparing for compensation carcasses, meat or meat food products derived from the slaughter by any individual of cattle, sheep, swine or goats, or game animals delivered by the owner for such processing and the intrastate transportation of meat food products exclusively for use by the owner, his family, members of his household, and his nonpaying guests and employees.
- Applicable Arizona Rules – R3-2-203 Licenses; Registration; Records
- AZGFD Laws and Rules
Brief Description – A meat processing stamp shall authorize an individual to process or store wildlife.
- Obtain an Exempt Processing License from Department of Agriculture
- Once processing license has been issued by Department of Agriculture:
Complete and mail the Game Meat Stamp Application along with a copy of the Department of Agriculture processing license to:Arizona Game and Fish Department
Attn: Law Enforcement
5000 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85086
- Fee: None
- Meat Processing Stamps do not expire.
- Additional Information: The operator of a processing establishment shall keep a record, and exhibit upon request, of the names and addresses of persons who furnish wildlife for processing or storage, the date, amount, and species of such wildlife received. For any additional questions regarding obtaining a meat stamp, contact the Law Enforcement Branch at 623-236-7303.