Special Group Fishing License Application
Two important criteria that any group or person should know before filling out and submitting an Application for a Special Group Fishing Permit:
- The requesting group must be a nonprofit organization or governmental agency whose primary purpose is to provide physical or mental rehabilitation or training for persons with physical, developmental or mental disabilities.
- If the requesting group is a nonprofit organization, they must provide documentation containing a license or contract number issued by the Department of Economic Security (DES) or Department of Health Services (DHS), which can be used to verify the current status of that groups license or contract with DES or DHS.
- Applicable Arizona Statutes – ;
- Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-310; R12-4-312; R12-4-313; R12-4-315; R12-4-316; R12-4-317; Commission Orders 40, 41, and 42
Brief Description – The Department may issue a Fishing Permit to state, county, or municipal agencies or departments and to nonprofit organizations licensed by or contracted with the Department of Economic Security or Department of Health Services, whose primary purpose is to provide physical or mental rehabilitation or training for individuals with physical, developmental, or mental disabilities. This permit authorizes fishing activity for up to 20 individuals for 2 days specified on the permit. Individuals must comply with all other statutes, rules, and Commission Orders.
- Process: Complete the application form and secure approval through the Sport Fishing Education Coordinator of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. All applications must be submitted a minimum of 7 business days prior to fishing date(s), for processing and review.
- Application form needed: . Applicants will also file a report within 30 days of the event.
- Fee: None
- Permit valid: A permit is valid for only one fishing location as listed on the permit and up to two calendar dates as specified on the permit. Specified fishing dates do not have to be consecutive.
- Additional information needed: Applicants shall submit evidence that they are licensed by or have a contract with the Department of Economic Security or the Department of Health Services for the purpose of providing rehabilitation or treatment services to individuals or groups with physical, developmental, or mental disabilities.