White Amur Stocking and Restocking License Application
- Applicable Arizona Revised Statutes –
- Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-102; R12-4-106; R12-4-424; R12-4-401; R12-4-406; R12-4-409. (See also Department of Agriculture Rules R3-2-1001 through 1010)
Brief Description –A white amur stocking and/ or restocking license allows a person to possess, transport, and stock in a closed aquatic system triploid white amur (grass carp – Ctenopharyngodon idella) in aquatic systems where these fish are prevented from ingress or egress by a natural or manmade barrier, as determined by the Department. Triploidy (a 3N chromosome count) is required, and ensures sterility of the fish. Fish are acquired for purposes of aquatic weeds that interfere with the use of a water body or that impair water quality, or for sale from a licensed fish farm.
- Process: Complete the application form, submit payment, and secure approval through Regional Offices of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Application form needed: Form 2724-A
- Fee: Initial white amur stocking license $270, white amur restocking license $120.
- License valid: 20 consecutive days An individual may apply for a white amur restocking license when there are no changes to the aquatic wildlife species, the purpose for introducing the aquatic wildlife species, and the facilities (location) where the applicant stocked the aquatic wildlife.
- Additional information needed: Detailed diagram of the aquatic system to be stocked, description of how the system meets the definition of a “closed aquatic system” per R12-4-411; description of how the applicant meets the requirements under A.R.S. 17-317; a triploidy certification by the US Fish and Wildlife Service along with a health certificate from the fish vendor need to be on each stocking truck during the stocking event. A proposal per R12-4-424 may be required if the permit is to stock white amur in a watershed that contains “species of greatest conservation need” as defined in R12-4-401 and there is concern for effects to wildlife resources.
- Additional requirements: Certificate of triploidy of the white amur and copy of the White Amur Stocking or restocking license shall accompany each shipment. A commercial entity transporting live aquatic wildlife may require a transporter license from the Arizona Department of Agriculture per R3-2-1007. The license holder shall report all restocking of white amur to the Department on Form 2724-A (application for new stocking and restocking of white amur).