Wildlife Holding License Application
- Applicable Arizona Statutes –
- Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-401; R12-4-409; R12-4-417; R12-4-428; R12-4-430
Brief Description – A wildlife holding license shall authorize an individual to possess, transport, import, display for educational purposes, photograph for commercial purposes, purchase, propagate, export, give away, or euthanize either restricted live wildlife or live wildlife lawfully held under a hunting or fishing license for any of the following purposes: advancement of science, wildlife management, or promotion of public health or welfare; Education: photograph for a commercial purpose live wildlife that is lawfully possessed; to give humane treatment to restricted live wildlife that has been abandoned or permanently disabled; or to lawfully possess restricted live wildlife that was possessed under another special license, and the primary purpose for that special license no longer exists.
- Process: Complete application form and submit with the appropriate documentation as outlined on the application.
- Wildlife Holding Application:
- Wildlife Holding Report:
- Fee: None
- Additional Information: License holder is required to file a report with Department by January 31 describing the activities performed under the license during the previous calendar year.
- Wildlife Holding Licenses expire annually on December 31.
- Wildlife Holding Licenses are issued from the Regional Office where the applicant resides.