Make plans to attend the National Outdoor Women’s Weekend, March 7-8 in Phoenix
Posted February 12, 2020
Great opportunity to learn more about shooting sports, hunting, wild game cooking, more
PHOENIX — Women interested in learning about or increasing their knowledge of shooting sports and hunting are encouraged to attend the inaugural National Outdoor Women’s Weekend (NOWW) March 7-8 at the Ben Avery Clay Target Center in Phoenix.
The event, hosted by the Valley of the Sun Chapter of Quail Forever, will feature classes, seminars, clay target shooting range time, new product demos, wild game cooking, and opportunities for fun and recreation, as well as a “Saturday Evening Extravaganza” happy hour and dinner.
“We’re excited to bring this first-of-its-kind event to Phoenix,” said Renee Wittrock, NOWW chairwoman. “Our goal is to bring women from Arizona and across the country to meet and learn with other like-minded women about firearm basics, personal development, sporting clays shooting, upland game bird hunting, dog training, wild game cooking, and more. The instructors are some of the best in the business.”
Some of the activities are:
- “Morning motivation” presentation by Deborah Dubree, a personal coach who specializes in working with professional athletes from the NFL and PGA.
- Shoot sporting clays and get hands-on coaching from pro shooter and Quail Forever life member Anna Van Nostrand of Anna V Outdoors.
- Franchi shotgun pro staffers and firearms safety instructors Simone Schara and Tina Dokken will provide an introduction to firearms for novices and an introduction to upland hunting.
- Noted dog trainer, author, and inventor of the Dokken Deadfowl Trainer, Tom Dokken, will discuss dog training and breeding.
- TV hunting star Tiffany Lakosky of “The Crush with Lee and Tiffany” will headline, along with Tina Dokken, the Saturday evening roundtable discussion and will also participate in seminars.
- Arizona Game and Fish Department staff members will discuss conservation and provide educational information on wildlife species and habitat issues as well as conduct a seminar on how to cook wild game.
One of the highlights of the weekend will be the Saturday Evening Extravaganza VIP Wine & Wild Game Happy Hour followed by a catered dinner with raffles, firearm auctions, and a celebrity roundtable discussion with Q&A.
Major sponsors of the event include Franchi, Savage Arms, and the Sportsmen’s Business Alliance.
Register now and you’ll get the Flash Sale price of $199. If you register by midnight on Feb. 17, you’ll be entered into a Franchi shotgun drawing.
You can also register for the dinner only ($150).