Public comments sought on proposed Commission Orders on raptors, amphibians, reptiles, crustaceans and mollusks through Aug. 23
Posted July 26, 2018
PHOENIX – The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking public comments on proposed 2019-2023 regulations for reptiles, raptors, crustaceans and mollusks, and amphibians.
Public comments will be accepted until Aug. 23, 2018. If warranted, public meetings on the proposed changes to these proposed commission orders may be held in Phoenix, Tucson and/or Flagstaff.
Proposed changes for the 2019-2023 period can be viewed at the links below and include:
- Commission Order 25 – Raptors – Extending the season to allow an apprentice falconer to harvest passage Cooper’s hawk, prairie falcon, red-tailed hawk and sharp-shinned hawk from May 1 to Sept. 15.
- Commission Order 41 – Amphibians – No proposed changes.
- Commission Order 42 – Crustacean and mollusks – No proposed changes.
- Commission Order 43 – Reptiles – No proposed changes.
To provide written comments, mail them to: Arizona Game and Fish Department Terrestrial Wildlife Branch, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, Arizona 85086. Comments can also be submitted by email at:
- CommOrd25@azgfd.gov (Raptors)
- CommOrd41firstname.lastname@example.org (Amphibians and Reptiles)
- CommOrd42@azgfd.gov (Crustaceans and Mollusks)
For more information, call (623) 236-7506.