Federal Land Management
US Forest Service (USFS)
- Tonto National Forest draft wilderness evaluation map
- Public Comment on Tonto Preliminary Proposed Plan. View the Department’s Comment Letter
- Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest Travel Management Plan NOI. View the Department’s Comment Letter
- Public Meetings to Share Tonto Preliminary Proposed Plan (meetings Nov. 7-21, 2017)
- Tonto National Forest Wilderness Recommendation Process – Wilderness Inventory and Evaluation
- Coronado National Forest public request for input on restructuring the Coronado National Forest Recreation Program. Public meetings Jan. 31-Feb. 25, 2017.
- Tonto National Forest Meeting (1/12/17, 6-7pm) with Town of Superior mayor, town council and interested members of the public regarding development of the Congressionally mandated Apache Leap Special Management Area.
- The US Department of Agriculture amended regulations pertaining to the National Forest System Land Management Planning (federal register published 12/15/2016).
- Coronado National Forest request for public input on proposed changes to the Motorized Travel System-Nogales Ranger District.
- Tonto National Forest Resolution Copper Project EIS/Land Exchange Notice of Intent to Prepare and Environmental Impact Statement for Approval of a Plan of Operations for the Resolution Copper Project and Associated Land Exchange (published 3/18/2016).
- The Tonto National Forest released a Draft Record of Decision (DROD) selecting a modified version of Alternative C for Travel Management Planning. The DROD and Final EIS are available online. The appeal process extended through July 25, 2016.
- The USFS released the 4FRI Rim Country Project Draft Proposed Action (June 2016) for public comment and hosted two public meetings regarding the Proposed Action (July 14, 2016 in Show Low and July 21, 2016 in Payson).
- Coronado National Forest Douglas Ranger District prepared a preliminary Environmental Assessment (EA) for Proposed Changes to the Motorized Travel System. Public comment period ended April 4, 2016.
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Gila-San Simon Travel Management Plan Public Scoping. View the Department’s Comment Letter.
- Unikaret Mountains Landscape Restoration Project EA
- BLM hosted public meetings (Jan. 19-21, Feb. 11 and Feb. 21, 2017) regarding recreational target shooting management at Sonoran Desert National Monument.
- National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council public workshops to shape the future of off-highway vehicle recreation on BLM land (Jan. 23-28, 2017).
- Sonoran Desert National Monument-BLM seeks public input on target shooting management. The release of a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and Proposed Resource Management Plan (RMP) Amendment kicks off a 90-day public comment period.
- BLM Planning 2.0 amended BLM regulations that establish the procedures used to prepare, revise, or amend land use plans pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act.
- BLM released the Notice of Intent to Amend the Resource Management Plan for the Sonoran Desert National Monument, Arizona, and Prepare and Associated Environmental Impact Statement (January 21, 2016), which addressed issues pertaining to recreational target shooting. View the Arizona Game and Fish Department news release.
- USDA Identifying Regulatory Reform Initiatives. View the Department’s comment letter
- EPA Draft FY2018-2022 Strategic Plan
- DOI 2017-2018 Refuge-Specific Hunting and Sport Fishing Regulations
- Review of Certain National Monuments Established Since 1996. View the Notice of Opportunity for Public Comment and View the Department’s Comment Letter
- US Fish and Wildlife Service announces a final rule (December 14, 2016) revising the regulations for permits for incidental take of eagles and take of eagle nests.
- BOR Navajo Generating Station-Kayenta Mine Complex Project request for public comment on Draft EIS (11/21/2016).
- US Army Corps of Engineers solicited comments for the reissuance of existing nationwide permits (NWPs), general conditions, and definitions, with some modifications. They also proposed to issue two new NWPs and one new general condition (June 1, 2016).
- The Ray Mine Tailings EIS documents for the Ray Proposed Tailings Storage Facility are available online. Public comments were accepted through March 21, 2016.
- The National Park Service requested public input on Grand Canyon bison herd reduction by March 26, 2016. Arizona Game and Fish news release.