Spring hunt recommendations to be available for review
Posted July 20, 2017
First of six “open houses” set for Wed., July 26
PHOENIX – The Arizona Game and Fish Department has scheduled a series of six “open houses” for its constituents to review and ask questions about proposed hunt recommendations for spring hunts for turkey, javelina, bison and bear.
The department annually makes recommendations to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission regarding the management of game species, which establish the seasons, dates, bag limits, open areas and permit-tag allocations based on the framework of the hunt guidelines set by the commission every two years.
The proposed recommendations will be posted tomorrow afternoon (Friday, July 21) at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines. The open houses will be conducted at the following Game and Fish regional offices:
- Wed., July 26: 3-5 p.m., Tucson, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
- Thurs., July 27: 4-6:30 p.m., Mesa, 7200 E. University Drive.
- Mon., July 31: 3-5 p.m., Pinetop, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Mon., July 31: 3-5 p.m., Yuma, 9140 E. 28th St.
- Tues., Aug. 1: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Flagstaff, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
- Tues., Aug. 1: 3-5 p.m., Kingman, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
The proposed hunt recommendations will be presented to the commission for consideration during its Aug. 4 meeting in St. Johns.
To learn more about the hunt recommendations and hunt guidelines processes, visit www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.