Walking Cane Ranch has agreed to allow recreational access on its ranches under certain conditions.
Respect no hunting signage on private lands within the ranch boundary, as not all lands are under control of the Walking Cane Ranch
- All persons must follow all Ranch Rules as well as all applicable State Laws and Regulations. These rules apply to hunting and recreation on all private lands and State Trust Lands on the Walking Cane Ranch. Violation of Ranch Rules or applicable State Laws or Regulations may result in immediate cancellation of the Ranch Access Pass, expulsion from the ranch, and loss of privilege to hunt or recreate on this and all other ranches enrolled in the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Landowner Compact program.
- Hunting is not permitted in the following areas:
- The private land around Roden Crater affecting all of Section 31 within Township 24N and Range I IE.
- Section 3 within Township 21N and Range IOE.
- The eastern ½ of the SE ¼ of the SE ¼ of Section 29 within Township 23N and Range IOE.
- The NE ¼ and SE ¼ and SW ¼ of the SE ¼ of Section 9 within Township 23N and Range IOE.
- The NE ¼ and SE ¼ of the SW ¼ of Section 28 and the NW ¼ and SW ¼ of the SE ¼ of Section 28 within Township 24N and Range I OE.
- Except where otherwise prohibited. off-road vehicle travel to retrieve big game is allowed except during periods when off-road travel will cause damage by rutting or compacting the soil. During these periods, off-road vehicle travel will be restricted to quad, or side-by-side all-terrain vehicles.
- Camping is not allowed on private lands controlled by the Walking Cane Ranch. Camping on State Trust Lands is allowed in accordance with applicable State Trust Land rules and/or regulations: –Arizona State·Trust-Land Recreational -Use-Permits-may be obtained at: https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits
- Do not hinder livestock access to ponds or other water sources.
- No recreational target shooting is allowed on the Walking Cane Ranch.
- Littering is prohibited and trash removal is the responsibility of the Recreational User.
- De-facing or vandalism of property or facilities is prohibited.
- Spot-lighting from a vehicle is not allowed.
- The use of cameras to locate game is not allowed.
- Walking Cane Ranch reserves the right to limit access in adverse weather or conditions to prevent resource damage.
- Close gates unless tied open or signed to remain open.
- Chasing or otherwise harassing livestock or wildlife, on or off road, is prohibited.
- Cutting or collecting firewood is limited to dead and down material and only for on-ranch use while camped on the Walking Cane Ranch.
Ranch Rules Violation Penalty Schedule
- First offense – 7-year loss of access privileges to all Landowner Compact Ranches and Farms.
- Second offense- Lifetime loss of access privileges to all Landowner Compact Ranches and Farms.
First offense with criminal violation, other than trespass, will result in a lifetime loss of access.
Walking Cane Ranch Access PassSign up for access to Walking Cane Ranch online.
Respected access is open access.