Fees and Forms for Arizona Boating
Download and submit the appropriate forms to get out and hit the water.
required information to renew
Required information includes your Arizona boat number and one of the following:
- Date of birth of the primary (first) owner.
- Your password if one has been established.
We are no longer accepting watercraft registration renewals by telephone
Renew registration online
- Registration renewals are still accepted in person at any Arizona Game and Fish Department office or by mail
- For additional watercraft registration information, call 602 942-3000.
Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee (NBSIF)
*Note that nonresidents of this state must pay a Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee and possess proof of payment of the fee before mooring, anchoring or operating the watercraft on the waterways of this State. This additional surcharge is used for boating education, law enforcement, emergency response, improvements to public launch facilities and the placement of navigational aids.
A member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is on active duty and stationed in this state for a period of at least thirty (30) days immediately before applying for watercraft registration, or who is stationed in another state or country and who lists this State as that member’s home of record is exempt from the requirement to pay the Nonresident Boating Safety Infrastructure Fee.
general watercraft information
- Arizona Boating Fees
- Arizona Boating Laws and Regulations
- Rules and Regulations – Many Arizonans spend time on our scenic lakes. But before you go make sure you are knowledgeable on the rules and regulations.
- Boater’s Quiz – Are you sure you know about boating in Arizona? Take the boater’s quiz to find out.
- Watercraft Registration Application
Application for watercraft certificate of number upon the ownership of a watercraft.
- Watercraft Bill of Sale
“Bill of sale” means a written agreement transferring ownership of a watercraft and listing the following: the name of the buyer and seller; the manufacturer of the watercraft sold, if known; the hull identification number, unless exempted by R12-4-505; the purchase price and sales tax paid, if any; and the signature of the seller.
- Watercraft Letter of Gift
Required form to transfer the watercraft registration upon gifting to another person.
- Watercraft Lienholder Notification
This form is required when the watercraft to be registered has a lien on it, such as a bank loan. The lien holder will and must be notified of the attempted watercraft registration.
- Watercraft Application for Duplicate Certificate and/or Decal
This form is required to report and request replacement for lost or damaged registration or decals issued to AZ or Hull Identification number.
- Watercraft Sold Notice
This sold notice may be used to inform the Department that your watercraft was sold. Per A.R.S. Title 5-321, the owner shall furnish to the department notice of the transfer of all or any part of the owner’s interest in a motorized watercraft numbered in this state pursuant to the provisions of this chapter or of the destruction or abandonment of such watercraft within 15 days.
- Arizona Residency Requirements
boating education public service announcements
Arizona boating – OUI, Expect the Max
Boat safe, boat smart, boat sober
Recreation in Arizona
License your off-highway vehicle for going out on trails. Check out the lakes in Arizona and what they have to offer.
buy your OHV decal
OHVs are required by law to display a valid Arizona decal to operate on public and state trust lands in Arizona.
spend some time boating on arizona lakes
See information about many Arizona lakes, including fishing, facilities and lake amenities.