Applicable Arizona Revised Statutes – A.R.S. 17-231(A)(1); 17-238; 17-306; 17-317
Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-102; R12-4-106; R12-4-424; R12-4-401; R12-4-406; R12-4-409
Department of Agriculture Rules R3-2-1001 through 1010
White Amur Stocking & Restocking License Checklist
- Process: Complete the application form, submit payment, and secure approval through Regional Offices of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Application form needed: Form 2724-A
- Fee: Initial white amur stocking license $270, white amur restocking license $120.
- License valid: 20 consecutive days An individual may apply for a white amur restocking license when there are no changes to the aquatic wildlife species, the purpose for introducing the aquatic wildlife species, and the facilities (location) where the applicant stocked the aquatic wildlife.
- Additional information needed: Detailed diagram of the aquatic system to be stocked, description of how the system meets the definition of a “closed aquatic system” per R12-4-411; description of how the applicant meets the requirements under A.R.S. 17-317; a triploidy certification by the US Fish and Wildlife Service along with a health certificate from the fish vendor need to be on each stocking truck during the stocking event. A proposal per R12-4-424 may be required if the permit is to stock white amur in a watershed that contains “species of greatest conservation need” as defined in R12-4-401 and there is concern for effects to wildlife resources.
- Additional requirements: Certificate of triploidy of the white amur and copy of the White Amur Stocking or restocking license shall accompany each shipment. A commercial entity transporting live aquatic wildlife may require a transporter license from the Arizona Department of Agriculture per R3-2-1007. The license holder shall report all restocking of white amur to the Department on Form 2724-A (application for new stocking and restocking of white amur).
Want to Get Involved with Wildlife Conservation?
Volunteer your time, or donate to help us with conserving and protecting our wildlife. When you purchase a hunting or fishing license online, resources go back into wildlife conservation.
donate to wildlife conservation
With your help, we can continue to conserve & protect Arizona’s wildlife.
volunteer for projects
If you have a passion for wildlife and want to help us conserve and protect it, we’d love to have you on our team!