Clay Target Center Shooting Rules
Safety is EVERYONE’s Responsibility
- Remember your basic firearms safety:
- Treat every gun as if it was loaded
- Don’t point a gun at anything you don’t want to shoot
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Only shotguns are permitted to be used at the CTC in 12, 16, 20, 28, and .410 gauges. Barrels less than 18 ½ inches are not permitted.
- Only 7 ½, 8, or 9 lead shot may be used on the range. Absolutely no rifled slugs or buckshot may be used.
- Shotguns will be carried with the actions open/slide locked to the rear and pointed in a safe direction. Semi-autos and pump shotguns will be pointed up when carrying.
- Shotguns may only be loaded at shooting stations when it is the shooter’s turn. No walking/loitering with a loaded gun.
- Shotguns may only be fired from the shoulder.
- Only one (1) shell is permitted in the shotgun at any time unless shooting doubles.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on any fields or courses.
- Customers are not permitted down range, nor are customers permitted to load, troubleshoot, or attempt to repair any clay target machines.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times on the ranges and courses.
- Pistols must remain holstered at all times at the range. Rifles and pistols are not permitted to be fired anywhere on the CTC.
- You must be over 18 years of age in order to rent a shotgun or purchase ammunition.
- An orange cone placed on top of a Trap house indicates that a person is inside the trap house. Absolutely no shooting is permitted on that field until the cone is removed.
- All breakage credits must be requested on the same day the breakage occurs.
- During the summer months, smoking may be restricted to designated locations due to fire hazard.
*Ben Avery Clay Target Center reserves the right to remove any person from this facility who, in the opinion of a Range Master or management, is performing any action that is deemed unsafe, disruptive, or is acting in an unsportsmanlike manner.