Applicable Arizona Statutes – A.R.S. 17-331; A.R.S. 17-231(A)(1)
Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-310; R12-4-312; R12-4-313; R12-4-315; R12-4-316; R12-4-317
Commission Orders 40, 41, and 42
Special Group Fishing License Checklist
The requesting group must be a nonprofit organization or governmental agency whose primary purpose is to provide treatment and care for persons with physical, developmental or mental disabilities.
If the requesting group is a nonprofit organization, they must provide documentation of the organization’s articles of incorporation and evidence that the organization has tax exemption status under section 501 (c) of the Internal Revenue Code, and a document identifying the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Process: Complete the application form and secure approval through the Sport Fishing Education Coordinator of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. All applications must be submitted a minimum of 7 business days prior to fishing date(s), for processing and review.
- Application form needed: Form 2726-A. Applicants will also file a report within 30 days of the event.
- Fee: None
- Permit valid: A permit is valid for only one fishing location as listed on the permit and up to two calendar dates as specified on the permit. Specified fishing dates do not have to be consecutive.
- Additional information needed: In addition to the information required under subsection (c)(1), non-profit organizations shall also submit:
- A copy of the organization’s articles of incorporation and evidence that the organization has tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Document identifying the organization’s mission.
Want to Get Involved with Wildlife Conservation?
Volunteer your time, or donate to help us with conserving and protecting our wildlife. When you purchase a hunting or fishing license online, resources go back into wildlife conservation.