Applicable Arizona Statutes – A.R.S. § 17-239; A.R.S. § 17-301; A.R.S. § 17-302; A.R.S. § 17-332; A.R.S. § 17-333; A.R.S. § 17-333.02; A.R.S. § 17-361; A.R.S. § 17-371; A.R.S. § 17-372; A.R.S § 17-373; A.R.S. § 17-333
Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-102; R12-4-301; R12-4-305; R12-4-307
Trapping License Checklist
- Process: Complete application form
- Application form needed: FORM 2731-A
- Fee: $30.00 (resident), $275.00 (nonresident), $10.00 (juvenile)
- License valid: 1 year
- Additional requirements: An individual born on or after January 1, 1967 shall successfully complete a Department-approved trapping education course to obtain a trapping license.
- All trappers must submit a trapping report, FORM 2731-B following the closing of the trapping season. The report must contain information requested for all predatory and furbearing animals taken by trapping during the November through February season. Completed forms must be sent to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn: Game Branch, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086-5000.
Want to Get Involved with Wildlife Conservation?
Volunteer your time, or donate to help us with conserving and protecting our wildlife. When you purchase a hunting or fishing license online, resources go back into wildlife conservation.
donate to wildlife conservation
With your help, we can continue to conserve & protect Arizona’s wildlife.
volunteer for projects
If you have a passion for wildlife and want to help us conserve and protect it, we’d love to have you on our team!