Fort Rock Ranch Access
Fort Rock Ranch has agreed to allow recreational access on its ranches under limited conditions.
For issues applying to hunt on Fort Rock, please send an email to KDutro@azgfd.gov
Applications will be accepted once draw results are available for each draw cycle
Click on the map image of the Fort Rock Ranch to download a georeferenced PDF map.
This area represents a limited recreational access area. Elk hunts are only available for youth hunters and priority is given to youth hunters for antelope hunts. Special ranch rules apply, and access is limited to specific hunts and specific numbers of hunters.
For hunters drawn for an eligible hunt and are interested in hunting on the Fort Rock Ranch, please fill out the Fort Rock Application below to be considered. Refer to the current Elk/Pronghorn Antelope or Javelina Hunt Draw Information booklet for details regarding eligible hunts and application deadlines.
Shortly after the deadline, a random selection will occur for eligible hunters who have filled out the application. Successful applicants will receive a follow up email containing more information on the Fort Rock Ranch hunt.
- All persons must follow Ranch Rules and State Laws and Regulations. Any person who
violates Ranch Rules or State Law or Regulation may be subject to trespass charges and
immediate cancellation of their access pass or privilege. These violations can result in
permanent ineligibility to obtain access privileges on all Landowner Compact Areas
enrolled in the Arizona Game and Fish Department Landowner Compact. These rules
apply to all private lands, and public or state lands accessed by crossing private lands in
the Landowner Compact Area. Future access for hunting depends on compliance with
these Ranch Rules and State Laws and Regulations.
- Camping on the Fort Rock Ranch is allowed only in designated areas.
- Off road vehicle travel (including ATVs and UTVs) is prohibited on the Fort Rock Ranch.
This includes game retrieval.
- Guided hunts are not allowed on the Fort Rock Ranch.
- Spotlighting is prohibited on the Fort Rock Ranch.
- All Recreational Users must have a signed Ranch Access Pass and a copy of the Ranch
Rules in their possession while on the Fort Rock Ranch.
- Each hunter may have a maximum of 3 people accompany them on the Fort Rock Ranch.
- Youth hunters include persons up to their 18th birthday. A youth hunter, whose 18th
birthday occurs during a hunt for which they have a valid permit, but after opening day,
may continue to participate for the duration of the hunt.
- Access dates, camping and hunting locations will be coordinated with the Hunt Manager.
Fort Rock Hunt Application
Respected access is open access.