Landowner Compact Overview
What is the Landowner Compact?
- A way to recognize landowners that already work with the Arizona Game and Fish Department to provide access
- A way to develop a relationship with landowners
- A way to help landowners manage recreational use of their property
- A way to promote a land use ethos for recreation and for agriculture
The following ranches in Arizona have joined the Landowner Compact
- Babacomari Ranch
- Big Boquillas Ranch
- Coronado Dairy & Farm
- Fort Rock Ranch
- Kings Anvil Ranch
- O’Haco Ranch
- Double O Ranch
- Bar T Bar Ranch
- Flying M Ranch
- Perrin Ranch
- Santa Margarita Ranch
Each ranch that is a part of the ranch compact has its own ranch rules, which visitors must abide by to lawfully access the ranch. These rules can be found on pages dedicated to each ranch under the menu heading “Landowner Compact Access” on this site.
Ranches that are part of the ranch compact have authorized the Arizona Game and Fish Department to cite individuals for trespass who do not follow ranch rules. If cited for trespass, you will not be able to access other ranches that are part of the compact. Please understand and abide by ranch rules.
Ranch Rule Violation Penalty Schedule
- First offense: 7 year loss of access privileges to all Landowner Compact ranches.
- Second offense: Lifetime loss of access privileges to all Landowner Compact ranches.
- First offense with criminal violation, other than trespass, will result in a lifetime loss of access.
Respected access is open access