Ben Avery Shooting Facility User Groups
Founded in 1957, the Ben Avery Shooting Facility (BASF), formerly the Black Canyon Shooting Range, is one of the largest publicly operated shooting facilities in the country.
Our world-class shooting range is a City of Phoenix Point of Pride. It has received a Five Star rating from the National Association of Shooting Ranges. This means that it is the best of the best at providing a quality recreation experience and is the first government facility to receive this designation.
what is a user group?
A User Group is any organization, club, business, or individual registered with the Ben Avery Shooting Facility Main Range that provides the mandated insurance and Hold Harmless Agreement, and is authorized to use the reserve specialty ranges and facilities for the purposes of competitive and recreational shooting, firearms training, qualifications, and/or education.
How do we become a user group?
- Download a User Group Packet: User Group Packet
- Read the packet information.
- Complete the User Group Terms and Conditions Acknowledgement forms and the Hold Harmless clause on pages 46 – 51 of the packet.
- Email the completed and signed forms, and a copy of your “proof of insurance” (compliant with the requirements enumerated on page 3 of the User Group Packet) to Range Master Brandon Hobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive notification from BASF that all paperwork has been properly submitted.
- Schedule a New User Group set-up meeting with Range Master Brandon Hobbs, email@example.com, or 623 236-7730.
- Bring a list of questions.
- Be prepared to pay the $50 User Group Setup Fee at the meeting.
- E-mail or call Range Master Brandon Hobbs, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 623 236-7730 if you have further question.
Want to Shoot at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility?
Shoot at the rifle and pistol range, or shoot at the clay target facility, or spend some time at our archery range.
make a reservation for a shoot time
Online reservations are highly recommended.
take a class at basf
Introductory firearms classes, introductory archery clinics, and range safety volunteer courses.